Executive Chef, Ben Pollinger, Oceana
Serves 4 as an Entrée
FOR THE CRAB STUFFING
3 tablespoons chopped shallot(about 1 small)
2 teaspoons slivered seeded finger chile
1 tablespoon thinly sliced fresh chives
1 tablespoon slivered fresh Italian parsley
1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
Fine sea salt and freshly ground blackpepper
1 pound lump crabmeat, picked through for shell and cartilage
FOR THE SEASONED PANKO
½ teaspoon thinly sliced fresh chives
½ teaspoon slivered fresh Italian parsley
2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
Fine sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
FOR THE LOBSTER
8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter
Freshly ground black pepper
1. For the stuffing, stir together the mayonnaise, shallot, chile, chives, parsley, tarragon, lemon zest and juice, 3⁄4 teaspoon salt, and 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper in a medium bowl. Gently fold in the crab so as to not break it into pieces. Taste for salt and pepper and adjust if necessary. Cover and refrigerate.
2. For the panko, stir together the breadcrumbs, chives, parsley, tarragon, and olive oil in a medium bowl. Season with 1⁄4 teaspoon salt and a pinch of pepper; set aside.
3. Place the lobsters on a cutting board, underside facing up, and butterfly. Pull off the claws and knuckles. Remove the vein from the tails and the grain sacs from the heads; crack the claws as you would a cooked lobster.
4. Arrange two racks in the top and center of the oven and preheat the oven to 400°F. Line two rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil. Arrange 2 lobsters cut side up on each baking sheet. Stuff each head cavity with one quarter of the crab mixture. Season the lobster tails with salt and pepper and drizzle each tail with 1 tablespoon of the melted butter. Cover with foil and roast the lobsters for 20 minutes, switching the baking sheets between the oven racks halfway through roasting for even cooking.
5. Remove from the oven. Remove the foil and set aside the claws. Return the lobsters to the oven to continue roasting for 6 minutes more.
6. Remove from the oven and sprinkle about 1 tablespoon of the panko mixture over the stuffing in each lobster. Drizzle each with 1 tablespoon of the melted butter. Return to the oven and roast until the breadcrumbs are golden brown, about 4 minutes more.