OFFICIAL RULES AND DISCLAIMERS
By participating in Down East’s Great Maine Scavenger Hunt contest you, confirm acceptance of the guidelines.
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- HOW TO ENTER: Prospective winners will participate in some or all tasks/activities detailed in Down East’s Great Maine Scavenger Hunt and upload one corresponding image for each completed scavenger hunt item using the upload form at downeast.com/greatmainescavengerhunt. We will confirm with all winners within two weeks of receipt of images. Down East reserves the right to determine valid entries and to exclude partial entries. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Down East Enterprise Inc. (Sponsor), its agents and employees from any claim or proceeding resulting from your entry.
- ELIGIBILITY: Contest open to individuals 18 years of age or older as of May 1, 2018. This contest is open to residents of the U.S. and Canada. Employees of Down East Magazine, its respective affiliates, subsidiaries, dealers or retailers, advertising, production and promotion agencies, the independent judging organization, and the immediate families and/or members of the same household of each are not eligible. Contest void wherever prohibited or restricted by law. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply.
- PRIZE: One prize, as described above, per person. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission (except where prohibited) to use winner’s name, hometown, and likeness for purposes of advertising, promotion, and publicity without additional compensation. Prizes have no cash value. Winners will be notified by email. Winners may be required to provide name, address, email address, phone number, and other information in order to fulfill the award.
- RIGHTS: By participating in this Contest, each entrant grants the Sponsor a non-exclusive, irrevocable, world-wide right to reproduce, and modify, the submitted photograph in any form or media without limitation. The Sponsor’s license shall include the right to use submissions in Contest-related content in Down East Magazine and on DownEast.com, in digital archives, in e-mails and in promotions related to this Contest and/or similar future contests, and compendiums (in any media) of contest submissions and/or winners. The entrant grants such license without expectation of compensation of any kind and accepts the conditions stated in these Official Rules, agrees to be bound by the decisions of the judges and warrants that she/he is eligible to participate in this Contest. By accepting prize, winner agrees to release Sponsor, its directors, employees, officers, and agents, including without limitation, its advertising and promotion agencies from any and all liability, loss or damages arising from or in connection with the awarding, receipt, and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any prize-related activities.
- INFORMATION: The personal information you provide (e.g. name, email address, address, phone, etc.) may be saved in our customer database and used to contact you in the future with subscription offers and/or email newsletters, or other sales correspondence. Your information may also be shared with the sponsoring partner for use in their online communications. Our goal is to provide you with information that is relevant and desirable to you, thus if you wish to opt-out, you may do so at any time: Update preferences here, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 1-800-766-1670 to opt-out.
- RISK: Participants in the Great Maine Scavenger Hunt visit all sites and undertake all activities at their own risk. By participating, participants agree to release Sponsor, its directors, employees, officers, and agents, including without limitation, its advertising and promotion agencies, from any and all liability, loss, or damages arising from or in connection with the travel to, visitation of, and/or photography of scavenger hunt sites and/or any contest-related sites or activities. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for the activity or behavior of contest participants during the travel to, visitation of, and/or photography of scavenger hunt sites and/or any contest-related sites or activities.
- MISCELLANEOUS: Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, stolen, damaged, garbled, incomplete, or misdirected entries or communications; for errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, or delays in operations or transmission of information, in each case whether arising by way of technical or other failures or malfunctions of computer hardware, software, communications devices, or transmission lines or data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry materials, loss or otherwise. Sponsor disclaims any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participation in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with, this Contest, and reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend this Contest should any virus, bug, technical failures, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Contest. In the event of such cancellation, termination or suspension, a notice will be posted. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, modify or cancel this contest at anytime and to disqualify any entrant if his or her participation affects the integrity of the Contest.
- CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- WINNER’S LIST: Winners will be contacted via email or direct message with two weeks of Down East’s receipt of images. Winners lists may be publicized in print or online promotional materials .
Contact us at email@example.com with questions. Thank you.