Down East Enterprise employees work in a summer “cottage” called Roxmont, located on Route 1 in Rockport, Maine. From the heart of midcoast Maine, we publish Down East magazine, downeast.com, and the Down East TV Channel, as well as Shooting Sportsman magazine and its respective website. Down East magazine also has a sales office on Commercial Street, on the waterfront in Portland. For general inquiries about employment opportunities, please send an e-mail to our Human Resources Department.
Billing and Collection Specialist
Full-time billing and collection specialist with a diverse range of skills in data management and customer service, including: database management, strong attention to detail, and an understanding of accounting/bookkeeping. The position reports directly to the vice president of finance, and responsibilities include sales contract review, all invoicing activities, sales system setup, and collections management.
Down East offers a competitive salary and a generous benefits package, which includes insurances, 401(k) plan, generous time-off plans, and flexible work schedules.
Send résumé with cover letter to Judith Van Norman at firstname.lastname@example.org. NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE.
• Review and approve all new sales contracts and make contract changes as needed
• Maintain customer accounts for accuracy and completeness
• Perform all advertising invoicing activities weekly and monthly
• Maintain sales system setup files
• Respond to phone and email inquiries from customers
• Produce and distribute monthly statements and perform collection functions
• Assist with special projects as needed
• Work cooperatively, collaboratively, and respectfully in a team environment
• Excellent organizational skills; able to meet deadlines, prioritize, follow through; ability to multi- task; be self-directed and motivated
• Strong research, problem-solving, and analytical skills
• Proficient use of Microsoft Office software, including Excel and Word
• Compatible with a professional office environment
• High school diploma required; Associate Degree in business or accounting preferred
• Minimum of 2 years experience working in a comparable accounting/finance position
• Basic knowledge of accounting and data management practices and procedures
About Down East
Down East Enterprise, Inc. is a multimedia company based in Rockport, Maine. The company’s flagship publication, Down East: The Magazine of Maine is the largest paid circulation magazine dedicated to the Pine Tree State. A digital version of Down East was launched in February 2013. For more than six decades, Down East has been the authority on Maine, and today continues to capture readers’ attention with an insider look at contemporary life in Maine. People who love Maine love Down East.